Let’s face it: Your closets hold a ton! Perhaps too much. As Spring is just around the corner, take the opportunity to give your closet a deep clean…it’s your sanctuary after all! Even if you don’t have a walk-in, little upgrades can make a huge difference. The key is to design a serene zone that’s suitable for tasks like putting together outfits, trying on shoes, and moving the contents of one purse into another. Here are 5 tips to get you started!
1. Make It Appear A Lot Bigger– When you place a mirror at eye level inside your closet, it creates the illusion of a much larger room. Choose a mirror that’s at least 18 inches wide.
2. Make Time To Do It All At Once– The reason you never seem to finish is precisely because you tidy a little at a time … The key is to make the change so sudden that you experience a complete change of heart.
3. Divide Your Clothing into Subcategories– By collecting things that are similar in one spot, you can compare items that are similar in design, making it easier to decide whether you want to keep them.
4. Raise The Bar– Give your closet a boutique feel by installing a valet rod. Use it to hang clothes for the next day or plan ensembles for a trip. Pick a retractable version that pulls out only when need.
5. Tuck It Away– Store off-season clothing in matching large boxes at the top of your closet.
Once you organize your closet think about what you need to complete your wardrobe. If you need to give something “new life” or have an item such as a top or bottom that’s missing its counterpart, bring it in and our team of style specialists will be happy to help you re-vamp your look!